You Look Like You Have An Agreement With Your Landlord

My mother needed a ramp in one place and in her case, the private ramps did not have the same legal requirements, the public. But I am not a lawyer, and there may be regional code differences, especially in a rental situation. If you rent a room in your landlord`s house, your situation is very different. You don`t have a standard rental agreement. Instead, you have a licensing agreement with your landlord. This means that you are in the accommodation with the owner`s consent or invitation. Therefore, you cannot benefit from the protection to which tenants are entitled under the Rent Act. In this case, the rules of the law suspend the agreement, unless the difference is in your favour as a tenant. I asked my landlord the last two months that I needed a copy of the lease, and he failed to give it to me, now my electricity has been cut off because the electricity company wants a copy of my lease.

What can I do? Can I withhold the rental until I have a copy of the rental agreement and get my benefit back? The lease is a form of consumer contract and, as such, must be done in clear and understandable language. It must not contain clauses that could be “unfair.” This means, for example, that the lease does not put you or your landlord in an unfavourable position, should not allow a party to change the terms unilaterally and without good reason, or to bind you irrevocably to conditions with which you did not have time to administer yourself. An abusive clause is not valid by law and cannot be enforced. I rented this house under an agent. Each end of the month, a meter reading is made and the agents calculate the amount owed. Well, there has been a misunderstanding with the owner and the agent who are causing the owner to surrender his property. At the time I rented the house, I asked how I could get the water and electricity account, how the owner lived in the UK and I was depositing money into his account every month at the end, the answer was that because they bought the house, the municipality did not give them an explanation. With the means, I used to pay R800 to R1200 per month for water n electricity.

When I started working with the owner, he didn`t start calculating with the meter. He told me to pay every month R1300 to cover the electricity, and that if the electricity is more than that, when the explanation finally comes out, he will cover the costs. It was good for me, because I didn`t want to owe him anything. I sent an e-mail to confirm it. It`s been almost three years since they bought the house and they say they don`t have a statement on water and electricity. This worried me and I asked them to put a prepaid meter, but they refused to say that City Power did not give them the explanation and that way they can not install prepaid meters. I`ve lived in the house for two years. A month ago, City Power arrived and cut off the power to the house and I spent the whole month without electricity, but I paid the full rent. I contacted the owner several times, and he promised to take care of it.

At the beginning of the following month, I asked him how much I had to pay for the rental, as there was no electricity, he told me to pay the rent money. Do I have to pay rent without electricity? Do I have to pay half or not? I have to withhold the rent money. Please let us know. Your landlord must follow certain rules in order to use a section 13 message. For example, how many notifications they have to give you before they increase the rent and when they can inform you. They have to give you at least a month`s notice, but it could take longer. Ask your landlord to house your contract in writing. This can help you and your landlord understand your rights and obligations.